Sunday, November 7, 2010
Autumn in Idaho
I love autumn! Everything about it makes me that much happier about my already happy life! The red, the yellow, and the orange trees, like a colorful quilt over the town. I love the constant chill in the air that makes you want to go home, snuggle up to that special someone and drink hot chocolate.
Speaking of hot chocolate, Ryan did the most random, fun thing the other day. I came home after a long day of school and lots of studying. My brain was completely fried. I was ready to be done with school work for the day!
As we ate dinner Ryan told me he had a surprise for me. So he took me outside to our car Henry and told me to put a hat over my eyes so I couldn't see where we were going. He started up the car and drove off, with a blindfolded passenger right next to him. I'm pretty sure he drove around town for awhile because I had no idea where we were.. then again, I'm not the best with knowing which direction I'm going even when I can see... Anyways, we drove for a long time (it seemed like forever!) but we finally got to the surprise place.
Ryan let me take off my blindfold and I saw that we were at the sand dunes, and the sun was about to set. So we ran up a dune, laid out a blanket and watched the sunset. Then Ryan pulled out a thermos that was filled with steamy raspberry cheesecake hot chocolate and we drank it, trying to stay warm. I loved it!
We haven't been to the sand dunes for awhile. It's a very special place for us.. It's where we first met. :) I was at a ward bon fire and Ryan and his friends just happened to be out looking for some fun. And somehow, we met, we talked, we clicked, and it went from there. And here we are, in love and happily married. It's amazing how fast things can change.
We lived in Texas for the summer and came back here for school. I love being back. Idaho is my home, I love being able to go visit my family whenever I'm feeling nostalgic. I love my family.
School has kept both Ryan and I super busy, so we don't have much time to do much visiting or socializing. But that doesn't mean we don't want to. We'll be okay though, we have each other. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment